Sunday, May 4, 2008

Profit taking from Apple and Call options

I have decided to take some profit from Apple and also the call options to release some buying power to buy other options next week. There are a few options that I am watching: Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Call option, Citigroup (NYSE:C) Call Option, Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) Call Option, Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO) Put Option and Bank Of America (NYSE:BAC) Call Option. Research in Motion (NASDAQ: RIMM) is also in my watch list as it has very good momentum comparing with Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL). But what I do not like is RIMM has only a single of line of product - Blackberry while Apple has multiple lines of products - IPhone , IPod, ITunes, Mac and more which make me think that Apple is more attractive.

Profit from Apple on May 2, 2008: 40.77% or $5,240.00
Profit from Apple on May 2, 2008

Profits from Options on May 2, 2008: 101.13 % or $41,210.00
Profits from Options on May 2, 2008
Merck (NYSE:MRK) is doing well, it is just the matter of time for it to trade above $40.

The reasons I choose the Call and Put options stated above.
The Deal between Microsoft and Yahoo is Off! So, that is the reason I have placed order to buy Call Options for Microsoft and Put Options for Yahoo. Goldman Sachs is trading above $200, to me it is a buy opportunity as long as it is trading above $200. If the worst is over, I guess some good fundamental financial Stocks might be attractive. So, I am placing order for Citigroup and Bank of America which have been killed since October, 2007.

Disclaimer: The above trades are not in Real money

No comments: