Friday, December 28, 2007

My Trades on 27 December 2007

I had 2 good trades and 2 losing trades on 27 December. So, I just earned a little bit over the break even point.


Name of the Company: AMR Corp
Symbol: (NYSE: AMR)
Sector: Transportation
Industry: Airlines
Position: Short
Status: Success!

Short AMR Corp ChartReason: Oil price was up and most airlines share were dropping, I saw AMR had better trend


Name of the Company: General Motor Corporation
Symbol: (NYSE: GM)
Sector: Consumer Cyclical
Industry: Auto & Truck Manufacturers
Position: Short
Status: Success!

Short General Motor ChartReason: Toyota took away market share from GM.


Name of the Company: American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
Symbol: (NYSE: AEO)
Sector: Services
Industry: Retail (Apparel)
Position: Short
Status: Failed

Short American Eagle Outfitters ChartReason of losing: It was initially in a good downward trend but it bounded back when I shorted, my timing of shorting was not right. It had make a major move.


Name of the Company: Mbia Inc
Symbol: (NYSE: MBI)
Sector: Financial
Industry: Insurance (Property and Casualty)
Position: Short
Status: Failed

Short Mbia Inc ChartReason of losing: It was in a good downward trend, I shorted MBI when more people wanted to take profit so I was hurt in this trade

*Please be informed that all the charts above are extracted from http://finance.yahoo.com/charts

No comments: